VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Managing pavement, signs, signals, bridges, and all other types of transportation assets.
To implement an integrated, geospatially-enabled holistic state-of-the-art Highway Maintenance Management System (HMMS) that meets VDOT’s business and system requirements for asset and inventory planning, budgeting, scheduling, management, and reporting.
The DTS team implemented VUEWorks, integrated with additional asset management inventory and VDOT’s linear referencing system. DTS provides ongoing services to facilitate solution design, integration, testing, training, support and maintenance.
The VUEWorks solution addresses all business requirements for asset and inventory management, maintenance planning, budgeting, expenditure tracking, work order management, resource planning and scheduling, work planning and budgeting, staff management, time recording, mobile environment support and analysis and reporting for pavement, traffic ancillary structures, fixed bridges and culverts, roadway and roadside maintenance and tunnels and movable bridges.
- Designed, configured and delivered by DTS to meet best practices and MAP-21
- Third largest state-maintained highway system in the US
- Serving 2,500 concurrent users a day and over 1,500 work orders daily
- Extensive requirements include:
- Asset/inventory management
- Workflow management
- Resource planning/scheduling
- Work planning/budgeting
- Mobile environment support
- Analysis and reporting
- Financial system integration